Data privacy statement
1. Name and contact data of the responsible person and of the company's data security officer
This data privacy information applies to the data handling of:
G I W E P
Gesellschaft für industrielle Wärme, Energie- und Prozeßtechnik m. b. H.
Dr.-Ing. Hansjochen Oertel
Saarner Straße 277
45479 Mülheim an der Ruhr
Phone: +49 (0) 208-439253-0
Fax: +49 (0) 208-439253-90
Due to the size of enterprise and the number of employees which treat personal data we are not obligated to authorize a data security officer. In case of questions please contact the a.m. responsible person.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the manner and purpose of their usage
When visiting the website
When invoking this website, the browser used on your device will automatically send information to the server on which our website is hosted. This information is stored temporarily into a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your help and is stored until automatic deletion:
- IP address of the inquiring computer
- data and time of access
- name and url of the fetched file
- website, from which the access is carried out (referrer url)
- browser in use and - if applicable - the operating system of your computer and the name of your internet provider
The a.m. data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- guaranteed smooth establishment of the connection to our website
- guaranteed convenient usage of our website
- evaluations regarding system safety and stability
- further administrative tasks
The legal basis of data processing is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section f of the general data protection regulation of the European Union (GDPR). Our legitimate interest results from the a.m. purposes of data acquisition. In no case we will use the acquired data to deduce your identity.
Moreover, cookies and analysis tools are applied when you visit our website. Further explanation you will find in the paragraphs "Cookies" and "Analysis Tools" of this data privacy statement.
3. Transmission of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties, except to the purposes listed below.
We will transmit your personal data to third parties only:
- if you have explicitly agreed on the basis of article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section a of the GDPR
- if the transmission is necessary according to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section f of the GDPR for the enforcement, exertion or plea of legal claims, and there is no reason for the assumption that you have got a predominantly protectable interest in the non-proliferation of your data
- in the case that there is a legal obligation for the transmission according to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section c of the GDPR, and
- the transmission is legal and necessary for the handling of contractual relationships with you according to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section b of the GDPR
In a cookie some information is stored that is related to the device you use. However, this does not imply that we get knowledge about your identity.
Cookies are used to ease the use of our website. Thus we use session cookies to detect that you have already visited particular pages of our website. These cookies will be deleted automatically when you leave our website.
Secondly, in order to optimize usability we use temporary cookies which are stored on your device for a defined period. If you visit our website repeatedly these cookies are used to detect automatically that you have already visited our website and which input actions and settings you have carried out. This is to relieve you from entering the particular information again.
The data processed by us using the a.m. cookies are necessary to protect our legitimate interests, and the interests of third parties according to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section f of the GDPR.
Most of the browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that there aren't any cookies stored to your device or that a hint is displayed whenever a new cookie is about to be stored. If you entirely deactivate cookies you may not be able to use the whole functionality of our website.
5. Rights of relevant persons
You have got the right to:
- - according to article 15 of the GDPR - request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular you can request information about the purpose of processing, the category of your personal data, the categories of parties to whom your data have been or will be externalized, the scheduled storage period, the existence of the right to correction, deletion, constraints in processing or objection, the existence of the right to remonstrance, the origin of your data if they have not been collected by us, the existence of an automated decision making including profiling and significant information
- - according to article 16 of the GDPR - request immediate correction of wrong or completion of uncomplete personal data which are stored by us about you
- - according to article 17 of the GDPR - request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, as far as the data processing is not necessary for the exertion of the right of freedom of expression, for the conformance to legal obligations, for the reason of public interest or for the enforcement, exertion or plea of legal claims
- - according to article 18 of the GDPR - request constraints in processing your data, as far as you traverse the correctness of the data, or as far as the processing is illegal, but you refuse data deletion and we do not need the data anymore though for the enforcement, exertion or plea of legal claims, or as far as you have vetoed data processing according article 21 of the GDPR
- - according to article 20 of the GDPR - receive the personal data provided by you in a structured, established and machine-readable format or request transmission of these data to another responsible party
- - according to article 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR - retract anytime your former given consent for data processing, with the consequence that we will not be allowed to process that data anymore in the future for which you had primarily given your consent
- - according to article 77 of the GDPR - complain at a regulating authority. Generally, you can contact the regulating authority of your normal domicile, place of work or our legal office
6. Right of objection
As far as your personal data are processed because of legitimate interests according article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section f of the GDPR, you have got the right to veto the processing of your personal data according to article 21 of the GDPR, if there are reasons which result from your specific situation or if your veto is related to direct mailing. In the latter case you have got a general right of veto that will be realized even if you do not declare a specific situation.
If you want to use your right of veto or objection it is sufficient to send an email to the a.m. address.
7. Data security
For website visiting we use the common SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the appropriately best encryption level that is supported by your browser. Typically this is the 256 bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256 bit encryption we use 128 bit v3 technology instead. You can check if a particular page of our website is transferred with encryption (key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser).
Furthermore we take appropriate technical and organizational safety measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, particular or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. We improve our safety measures continuously based on the actual state of technology.
8. Google Webfonts
On our website we use external fonts provided by Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). Google Webfonts is a service of Google Inc. ("Google"). The application of these webfonts is carried out via a call to a server, typically a server of Google in the United States of America. During this call the server gets information about which pages of our website you have visited. Furthermore, the IP address of the browser on the device that has been used to visit our website is stored at Google. Detailed information you will find in the data safety notes of Google that can be retrieved here:
9. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The following tracking measures are used by us based on article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 section f of the GDPR. Using these measures we ensure a tailor-made layout and continuous optimization of our website. Beyond that we use tracking measures to statistically record and analyse the usage of our website in order to improve our internet services. These tasks are to be judged as legitimate as defined by the GDPR.
The particular purposes of data processing and categories of data can be learned from the respective tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
- type and version of browser
- operation system
- referrer url (of the previously visited website)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server request
are transferred to a server of Google in the United States of America and are stored there. The information is used to analyse the usage of our website, to create reports of the website activities and to provide further services about website and internet usage for the purpose of marketing research and tailor-made layout of our website. This information may be transferred to third parties as far as this is requested by law or as far as third parties process the a.m. data by proxy. In no case your IP address will be conjoined with other Google data. All IP addresses are masked so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prohibit the installation of cookies by an appropriate setting of your browser. However, we will point out that in this case you might not use all functions of our website to the full extent.
Furthermore, you can prohibit the registration of the data about your website usage that are generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google if you download and install a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Alternatively to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prohibit the data acquisition by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. In doing so an opt-out cookie is generated that disables the future acquisition of your data when visiting our website. The opt-out cookie applies only to the actually used browser and only to our website and is stored onto your device. If you delete the cookies in your browser you have to generate the opt-out cookie afresh.
Further information about data privacy regarding Google Analytics you will find e.g. on the Google Analytics Help Page (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
10. Topicality and revision of this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is actually valid and has got the revision date May 2018.
Due to further development of our website and internet services or modified legal resp. official requirements it may be necessary to revise this data privacy statement. You can retrieve and print the latest actual data privacy statement at any time from our website.